Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Random Thoughts

I know…  I know…  I’ve been a very bad blogger.  I’ve neglected posting to my blog in… well in a very long time.  I have been here, but instead of offering anything new to my own blog, I have been lurking around on other people's blogs.  I have no excuse, except maybe pure laziness, and maybe just a little bit of shyness knowing that the whole world could potentially read my words.  It is unlikely that the whole world would read what I have to say, but once those words are out there… Well, they could be read by just about anyone.  For the last few months, I have been shy and extremely hesitant to post anything knowing that my thoughts and feelings would be exposed to just about anyone.  I suppose I need to get over that. 
Anyway…  What’s been going on here in Spud Land?  Not much, to be honest.  Thanksgiving came and went with no family drama.  No family drama on Christmas either.  The only notable occurrence at Christmas was the sudden onset of some kind of vile stomach illness, which knocked me right on my keester on Christmas day.  No warning, no bells, no whistles…  I was innocently sitting at the table eating the awesome Christmas dinner that I had cooked, when *WHAM* Montezuma’s Revenge hit me upside the stomach.  I spent the remainder of Christmas day and a few days after Christmas cuddled up on the floor next to the cool porcelain of the nearest commode, alternately heaving up my stomach lining and praying for deliverance.  Merry Christmas, and a “Ho ho ho” to me!    
Spud Land remains locked in winter’s icy grip.  We have had one or two days of pseudo Spring, when the overly anxious folks trekked down to the local greenhouse and purchased their annual spring plantings.  Premature, people… it is too soon!  I tried to tell them, I really did.  But they wouldn’t listen, and now their newly planted buds are being snowed on as I type.  When will they learn?  This is Idaho, folks, not So Cal!
Alrighty…  I suppose that’s enough randomness for one day.  So…  In the infamous words of Porky Pig, “Th-th-th-that’s all, folks!”

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're back!

    Spring is peeking through here in Las Vegas which isn't particularly shocking.

    There's definitely nothing worse than premature...planting ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Nari: Bwuhahaha! Agreed! Nothing worse than premature... planting. :)

    ReplyDelete